Optimistic analysts said that the sharp rise in gross domestic product (GDP) may have spelt the end for the US recession which began in March last year.
"This number shows that we clearly have started a recovery," said AG Edwards & Sons chief economist Gary Thayer.
"Domestic demand is coming back. Exports imply that the rest of the world is coming back," said Montreal/Ha
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations