"The decision to allocate some portion of reserves to euro would require adequate stability in the international market," Ishrat Hussain, governor of the central bank told a seminar.
Currently State Bank of Pakistan's entire reserves of $3.4 billion are in U.S. dollars.
However, Hussain said the central bank has established a foreign
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms