"Excess volatility and disorderly movements in exchange rates are undesirable for economic growth,'' the G7 finance ministers and central bankers said in a statement at the end of their two-day meeting in Boca Raton.
"We emphasise that more flexibility in exchange rates is desirable for major countries or economic areas."
Japanese finance minister Sadakazu Tanigaki said
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting