He succeeds Adelwahab Keramane who has been appointed junior minister, responsible for the Algerian budget. Lakassi was a senior official at the bank prior to accepting his new assignment. The appointment was made in a reshuffle on 31 May.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations