The city of Johannesburg is hosting the United Nation's largest event from 24 August to 4 September and about 45 000 participants are expected to attend.
The SA Mint, a wholly owned subsidiary of the SA Reserve Bank, has produced a series of four coins to acknowledge the significance of the 2002 summit.
Mr Mboweni launched a R1 circulation coin,
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls