The city of Johannesburg is hosting the United Nation's largest event from 24 August to 4 September and about 45 000 participants are expected to attend.
The SA Mint, a wholly owned subsidiary of the SA Reserve Bank, has produced a series of four coins to acknowledge the significance of the 2002 summit.
Mr Mboweni launched a R1 circulation coin,
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously