Japan: Progress in Implementing Regulatory Reform, reviewing changes that have taken place since 1999 when the OECD published its first review of regulatory reform in Japan, says strong political leadership and a pragmatic step-by-step approach have laid a solid foundation for further necessary changes.
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes