But the committee, which is chaired by former Bank of England monetary policy committee member DeAnne Julius, has recommended an overhaul of the voluntary codes of conduct.
The committee's report, handed to the Treasury last week, calls for better treatment of borrowers who fall into arrears.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations