The deputy economy and finance minister remarked: "The Central Bank of Iran [CBI] has sufficient independence for policy-making in the banking domain, and there is no need for more independence."
Seyyed Kamal Eddin Shahriyari, who was speaking to the Mehr News Agency, explained: "In every country, the independence of the central bank is determined by laws an
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research