Welteke, whose contract was due to run until 2007, will receive a pension "clearly lower" than his salary of 350,000 euros ($423,000) per year as Bundesbank president, said Udo Fleischer, a spokesman for the Frankfurt-based central bank.
The FTD, citing unidentified government sources,
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré