Three of the seven seats in the Monetary Policy Committee will be taken by Kang Moon-soo, a senior researcher at Korea Development Institute, Lee Duk-hoon, former chief executive of Woori Bank, and Lee Sung-nam, auditor and executive director of Kookmin Bank.
The three are subject to formal appointment by acting President Goh Kun.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations