In a letter to the Financial Times, the economists, including Richard Portes of London Business School, David Currie of City Business School and Peter Spencer of Birkbeck College, said joining the euro would 'safeguard' the advantages already gleaned from European Union membership.
The full text of the letter reads -
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Joining the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations