Speaking during a Middle Eastern tour, Mr O'Neill said the strength of the dollar and the plight of the steel business were separate issues.
"They just live in different worlds," said Mr O'Neill, a former head of US aluminium giant Alcoa.
"The fact that the steel industry now has had for a l
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements