Finnish President Tarja Halonen on Friday appointed Finland's representative in the European Commission, Erkki Liikanen, as the new governor of the Bank of Finland for a mandate of seven years.
Liikanen, the European commissioner for enterprise and information society, will step down from his seat on the EU's executive arm before starting his job as
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde