Europol, the European Union law enforcement agency, has warned that the existence of a € 500 bill - worth approximately $425 - could lead to a rise in money laundering after the introduction of euro notes and coins in January.
"Law enforcement authorities fear that especially high denominations (of € 200 and
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?