Europol, the European Union law enforcement agency, has warned that the existence of a € 500 bill - worth approximately $425 - could lead to a rise in money laundering after the introduction of euro notes and coins in January.
"Law enforcement authorities fear that especially high denominations (of € 200 and
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously