Rimsevics previously was central bank vice-president. He has been appointed as the central bank president for a six year term.
The previous Bank of Latvia head Einars Repse resigned to join politics. Repse had named Rimsevics as the best successor to his post as appointing him would secure succession on the central bank administration.
Talking to reporters Rimsevics named bringing Latvia into Europe's mon
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde