The Reserve Bank left the official cash rate at 4.5 percent after five rate cuts this year.
The decision appears to indicate that the central bank does not want to be embroiled in politics just four days before the federal election.
But analysts expect the RBA to cut after the election -
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?