In an interview with Boersen-Zeitung, Issing said, "We have not seen until now any need to change our interests; we still expect a decline of the inflation rate to below 2pc in the course of next year."
He said the ECB expected the inflation rate would be "above 2pc" in the second-half of this year and on average for the fu
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB