It will be Rato's first visit to Africa since taking the post in June. His agenda includes a visit to Nigeria on August 2-3; Gabon on August 3-4; and Uganda on August 5-6.
"The main purpose of the visit is to provide the opportunity for the managing director to listen first hand to a wide variety of leaders and civil socie
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say