Documents obtained by Reuters on Friday through Japan's freedom of information laws show that Bank of Japan board members Teizo Taya and Shin Nakahara opposed the decision under which the central bank increased the amount of stocks it purchases directly from commercial banks.
Two Bank of Japan Policy Board (BOJ) members opposed a decision in March under which the central bank increased the amount of stocks it purchases directly from commercial banks, minutes of a meeting showed.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
Back to Top