McGauchie, 54, votes on monetary policy as a member of the RBA's board and has been a director at Melbourne-based Telstra since 1998. McGauchie will oversee a plan outlined last month to focus on existing operations and return A$4.5 billion ($3.3 billion) to shareholders through dividends and share buybacks, he said in a statement.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency