The October edition of the European Central Bank's quarterly Bank Lending Survey shows that 65% of the banks polled had tightened credit standards for loans to businesses since July. This was up from 43% in the second quarter.
The 112 banks from across the eurozone taking part in the survey also revealed that borrowing was becoming more expensive, with 68% reportin
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde