Arminfo quoted him as saying that over the past several months IMF experts and the Central Bank had expressed concern about inflationary tendencies and, therefore, the Central Bank's decision to toughen its policy.
McHugh said that currently a very rapid growth
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard