The State Bank of Vietnam gave the licence to Rupert Keeley, president and chief executive of Visa-Asia Pacific, in Hanoi.
"Establishing a presence in the country will help us further accelerate our activities and cement our important relationship with local member banks and other partners," said Mr Keeley.
"Vietnam's fast-growing in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations