"The level of rates could have been lower - some time ago, in fact. That would have given a boost" to the economy, Clement told a news conference.
"We had a stable price environment that certainly offered the ECB a margin for manoeuvre ...which oth
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?