Speaking at the release of the Reserve Bank's March 2003 Monetary Policy Statement Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard said "On 23 January 2003, we stated that `If the exchange rate remains at around present levels or appreciates further, and if the evidence points to reduced pressures on resources and medium-term inflation, then there may be scope for a cut in the OCR later in the year.'
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure