The voice vote came as the panel gathered to hear testimony about the economic outlook from Fed chief Ben Bernanke.
Mishkin told his confirmation hearing on 12 July that his university work and prior experience in the Federal Reserve system will allow him to contribute as a member of the US central bank. Mishkin is expected to be approv
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market