Christodoulou is 63 and a former finance minister who worked his way up the ranks of the civil service after starting his career as a primary school teacher.
The appointment was made by President Glafcos Clerides on Thursday and came as no surprise. The appointment had been widely expected after speculation went on for sever
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power