At today's meeting the Governing Council of the ECB took the following monetary policy decisions:
The minimum bid rate on the main refinancing operations of the Eurosystem will be reduced by 0.50 percentage point to 3.25%, starting from the operation to be settled on 14 November 2001.
The interest rate on the marginal lending facility will be reduced by 0.50 percentage point to 4.25%, with effect from 9 N
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say