The latest rate cut follows six earlier cuts in the current cycle which started in November 2006. In spite of this monetary easing, the consumer price index (CPI) has fallen by 1.3% in the last 12 months. The central bank added that the average prediction of inflation for the next twelve months by Israeli forecast
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank