In a reply to a letter from EU internal market commissioner Charlie McCreevy seeking clarification on Italian banking policy, Fazio said foreign banks have access to the Italian market and that Italy's authorities are complying with European law.
"The Bank of Italy always examines merger proposals which are formally submitted to it in the ligh
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations