Dr Mahathir said he told Japan's Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi he was concerned about the impact of the yen's fall on other Asian currencies at their meeting on 10 January.
Malaysia's ringgit has been pegged to at 3.8 to the US dollar since the Asian financial crisis of 1997, but Dr Mahathir said Malaysia may need to "re-think"
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously