Dr Mahathir said he told Japan's Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi he was concerned about the impact of the yen's fall on other Asian currencies at their meeting on 10 January.
Malaysia's ringgit has been pegged to at 3.8 to the US dollar since the Asian financial crisis of 1997, but Dr Mahathir said Malaysia may need to "re-think" t
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls