New rules for conduits, special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and rating agencies must be introduced to stop another subprime crisis, according to several shadow financial regulatory committees. The Basel II framework must also be reassessed because of its reliance on ratings agencies.
The shadow financial regulatory committees of Asia, Australia-New Zealand, Europe, Japan, Latin America and the US described the links between either conduits or SPVs and commercial banks as "a key weakness in the cu
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting