The advice from RBA governor, Ian Macfarlane, was given in 2000. In 2002, the currency swaps are estimated to be costing Australian taxpayers almost $A5 billion. At a meeting with the Treasurer and the treasury secretary in December 2000, Macfarlane has disclosed that he stated his conviction that the value of the dollar should always take priority over portfolio issu
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?