"One cannot say that the most probable scenario is that of a recession," Cotis told a news conference.
Former US Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan recently said that a US recession is possible.
The OECD sees "no room for a relaxation of monetary policy, at least not in 2007", he said.
"We see few reasons to change this forecast. We have an inflation situation which is well under
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure