News of the surge, which leaves PPI at its highest level since December 2002, comes a day after Statistics South Africa, the government statistics agency, announced that CPIX inflation, the monetary-policy relevant measure, had hit 10.1% in March and heightens pressure on the South African Reserve Bank to hike rates.
"This is another hugely stron
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting