The bank board was unanimous in backing the rate cut, which brings the cost of borrowing in line with that of the eurozone. The ECB cut its policy rate by a quarter point last Thursday. Analysts however expected the Slovak central bank to lower its key rate later in the month.
"[The bank board] decided to follow the last-week decrease in interest rates by the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development