The decline was made worse by a new methodology introduced to reflect today's consumer trends more accurately.
The result was a 0.9% drop in core consumer price inflation barring fresh food, a figure thought to be 0.3% worse than it would have been under the old system.
According to the Japanese government, the data showed the "deflationary trend had become clearer" unde
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting