Experts predict that, on current trends, Japan will fall behind China in the global economic league, and claim an economy one quarter the size of the US's, Mr O'Neill said.
"In 1991, the Japanese economy was nine time the size of China's and three-fifths the size of the United States'," he told a conference in New York.
Japan's fall would reduce
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power