This decision was widely expected by analysts and economists and is in line with other central banks in the region - Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand - which have kept their rates on hold as price rises, particularly those of rice and crude oil, spur concerns over inflation.
Crude oil reached a record $119.90 a barrel in New Yor
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says