According to statistical theory, euros minted in each country - with a national image on the reverse of each coin - should spread over the whole eurozone.
Because Germany mints 40 per cent of all euro coins, academics predict that euros bearing the German eagle will predominate everywhere in the eurozone within ab
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor