De la Rua was also due to meet with senior members of the main opposition Peronist party in a bid to build consensus over measures that new Economy Chief Domingo Cavallo proposed overnight - which Congress must now decide whether to ratify.
However the Frepaso - whose support De la Rua badly ne
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?