The objective was to provide easier conversion facilities for travellers and tourists by enlarging the network of money changing facilities in the country.
The bank said that resident entities need not obtain a licence from the apex bank to undertake money changing activities.
Authorised dealers (ADs) and fully-fledged money changers (FFMCs) could enter into agency/franchising agreements
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market