Asked if the rising price of gold, increasing bond yields, a falling U.S. dollar and a report that Bernanke had been misinterpreted when he delivered testimony to Congress last week meant that the Fed chief had a credibility problem, Bush told CNBC television: "No."
"This guy's sound, he's smart, he's capable. You might remember, when I first nominated
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot