"The fact governments face difficulties in implementing the necessary structural reforms ... does not logically imply monetary policy can fill such big a gap," Papademos said in response to audience questions after delivering a speech to the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
"My concern woul
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations