Without laying any of the blame directly at the ECB's door, Lagarde expressed concern over the current gap between the interest rates of the eurozone and those in the United States.
The ECB has left rates unchanged at 4% through-out the credit-market turmoil, as eurozone inflation has soared to 3.6%. This policy response contrasts sharply with that of the Fed w
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde