"We were a bit surprised that retailers needed so many low-denomination notes, so that those we had printed were not enough," he said. "But it's no problem at all to print the extra amount."
Mr Welteke was speaking two days after more than 2,000 armoured vehicles started to deliver euro bank
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase