A report by IRIN news.org special to The Daily Star said on Wednesday 28 July that Mauritania's President Maaouiya Ould Taya had sacked the entire economic team of his government the previous Sunday. It was followed by the sacking of the central bank chairman on Monday, the report said.
The new central bank governor is Zeine Ould Zeidane, who was formerly an adviser to the president, The Daily Star report said.
Mohamed Sidya Ould Mohamed Khaled, the former head of treasury at the finance minist
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
Back to Top