Posen, one of the foremost academics on Japan's lost decade, is an apt choice for the role, which will see him join a team trying to steer a return to more normal economic conditions. The Bank's policy rate is at an all-time low of 0.5% and the committee has authorised a £125 billion ($205 billion) quantitative easing programme.
"I am honoured to have thi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations