Japanese banks probably earn more from stock market gains than they lose from lower bond prices, Bank of Japan Governor Toshihiko Fukui said, adding that policy makers don't plan to manipulate bond yields.
"Because the stock market happened to ga
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro