When asked by reporters at a diplomatic event in Madrid whether the ECB could oppose reforms to the stability and growth pact, Almunia said: "No." "ECB president Jean-Claude Trichet knows that the goals of the Pact continue to be the same... and that possible reforms will be based on a wide consensus," he added.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde